SickFem invites Amp Feminine
Sickhouse & The FemDem joined forces for females who have the ambition to DJ! On Saturday the 18th of Feb we will help you make your first moves
Sickhouse & The FemDem joined forces for females who have the ambition to DJ! On Saturday the 18th of Feb we will help you make your first moves behind the decks. We invited Amp Feminine collective over for a DJ workshop and afterwards we move to the cinema to watch the collectives documentary 'EQ the Industry’.
- Workshop: DJ basics 101 Deborah X of Amp Feminine will help you make your first steps into DJ’ing. It will be a fun experience aimed to get you acquainted with the gear. The workshop is organised for women participants only! And thanks to the support of the generators funds the entrance is for free! We have space for 8 people. Please subscribe to claim your spot .
- Documentary: “EQ the industry” is a documentary powered by Ampfeminine presenting the producers of the collective and their experience in the music industry. The film aims to inspire women and to give men from the sector more knowledge and insight into the barriers women experience within the electronic music scene. EQ the Industry is OTA, Open To All gender. So feel free to invite all your friends & fam over! TRAILER
- Talk After the viewing we will host an after talk together with Deborah X, Gill Bollegraf and Simone Dekker to help us animate the discussion about gender in the music industry.
- 13.00 Walk in
- 13.30 workshop (8 spots / registration needed)
- 14.30 docu screening (50 seats)
- 15.00 talk + Q&A
- 15.45 open decks DJ
Amp Feminine is a diverse collective based in Rotterdam with the aim of creating more opportunities for women and minorities in nightlife, as well as events that are safer spaces for everyone. (vice article)
The FemDem is a community by and for females DJs and producers within electronic music who have each other’s backs at all times. By connecting the female dots we aim to connect, uplift, and empower women and hope to broaden and deepen the music industry from within. The goal of The FemDem is to build bridges, push opportunities for the community and connect female makers with cultural organisations. We believe that everybody in our beloved industry will benefit from equal line-ups, making it a more interesting & safer space for all!
(Saturday) 13:00 - 17:00