The Overkill festival
The Overkill is an arts and gaming festival focused on the impact of digital culture on our society. The festival showcases a selection of interactive and participative art installations, indie/arthouse games, and presents an alternative film program, experimental live performances and activities such as workshops, network meetups, talks, hybrid symposium…
- The Overkill festival is open from Wednesday 15 to Sunday 19 November.
- Wednesday 15 November : Participant introduction dinner
- Thursday 16 November : LARP introduction workshops + Official opening
- Thursday 16 to Saturday 18 November : LARP
- Friday 17 November : Playful program Zuraida Buter
- Saturday 18 November : LARP Final Assembly
check the time table for more details.
THE OVERKILL : THE OUTBURST OF THE DIGITAL SWAMP
"Welcome to the Meta-swamp
Rather than evading the (digital) wetlands, The Overkill wishes to design a route through its muddy paths. Artists navigating the Postdigital constellation think of the swamps as a playground to hybridise, as material under transformation and a womb for monstrous mutation. Today the swamp is reconsidered as a space for agency, it is inhabited by amphibious entities and exiled varieties of the self, the swamp is a liquefying space expanding on the different ecosystems.
The Overkill festival invites these hybrid and mixed media artists, accustomed to the porous and dripping networks of the everglades and welcomes everyone to venture into unstable fantasy spaces. Influenced by the proliferation of memes, wet aesthetics, derailed futures, “phygital”* morphologies and mixed fairy tales, these networks are to be navigated in daring ways, taking on a role and playing on the scenarios of an imminent reconfiguration of the planet."
* phygital : a combination of physical and digital
Check The Overkill website for more info soon