Open call Indie/arthouse game makers
In 2023 Sickhouse starts a new program to support the creative process of local independent and/or arthouse gaming makers/studios!
(By local we mean working in Overijssel or close enough and able to work from Sickhouse and join our events on a regular basis.)
We are looking for indie/arthouse game maker(s) interested to work with us in exchange for :
- Professional support from our mentor, Zuraida Buter, including brainstorm sessions, interviews with other professionals, studio visits and festival/exhibition tours
- Tests / Feedback sessions with a young public. (A young gamers and art curious community will be associated to this trajectory to support the development of the game experience.)
- A monthly fee of 250€ between march and december 2023
- A production fee to present the gaming experience at The Overkill festival 2023
In return Sickhouse expects :
- The studio/maker(s) to program one game night a month, meaning selecting indie games to present at Sickhouse for the public to play.
- The selection obviously is expected to support the research of the gaming studio. (from local makers to international creatives. Our mentor will help the studio invite these guests and the Sickhouse team will produce the events).
- The studio/maker(s) to present a gaming experience at The Overkill festival 2023
>> You are not from the gaming field (yet) but you have a relevant artistic experience and you really want to create your first game/gaming experience? We are interested too! Don't hesitate to mail Marie with your question and/or apply before the 12 February!
>> Your Mentor : Zuraida Buter
Zuraida Buter is an award-winning playful culture and playful arts curator based in the Netherlands. She curates, initiates, consults and documents events focused on playful culture and games. With her international network she brings people together for creation and playful experiences.
As a curator she is involved in curating talks, play and game exhibitions at different festivals, events and institutes such as Incubate, Tweetakt and De Brakke Grond in the Netherlands and Screenshake, IndieCade Europe and A.MAZE. / Berlin abroad. With Women in Games NL (WiGNL) she aims to stimulate diversity in the game industry.
Previously she initiated Dutch indie game showcase INDIGO in the Netherlands as well as the popular DGG network lunches as project manager at Dutch Game Garden (2008-2010). She was worldwide Executive Director of the Global Game Jam (2010-2014) and founding board member of Global Game Jam, Inc.
DEADLINE TO APPLY : 12-02-2023
To apply for this trajectory, please send Marie (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A CV with your game maker experience (if you apply as a studio please mention all the team)
- A motivation letter explaining how this trajectory could support your creative process
- A portfolio with links to projects you are proud of
If you have a question don’t hesitate to send an email to ask.